EFR 9280 Black Series
For those seeking higher power, the all new EFR 8474, EFR 9274 and EFR 9280 feature new compressor wheels with updated blade geometries and larger inducer diameters. BorgWarner’s new EFR 8474, EFR 9274 and EFR 9280 super-cores have compressor wheel inducer diameters between four and six millimeters larger than its existing EFR 8374, EFR 9174 and EFR 9180 products. The new blade shapes and larger inducer diameters, along with matching compressor covers result in increased mass air flow, enabling engines to achieve higher peak power.
Along with increasing the wheel size, the compressor wheel blade shape and contour have been optimized to maximize flow while minimizing efficiency hits. The new compressor wheels have been anodized black for visual impact and to differentiate the new models from existing EFR Series products. With the design changes to the compressor wheel and cover, Black Series EFR turbos can generate up to an extra 200 horsepower than was previously possible.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 73.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 110 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
The EFR 9280 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG) #12741008002
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG) #12741009009
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741019001
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741008006